When you picture the word ARISE, you probably think of the sun coming up in the morning, casting it’s spreading light over everything, as it coaxes the darkness to fade and eventually flee. As we, the women of AFC, arise in our intimacy with Jesus, the light that shines through us connects us to other women, who need the warmth and peace that only He can bring. Our desire is to create an environment that allows women to grow in their faith, but also in their relationships with each other. We are a community of women of all ages, reaching out to be in friendship with others.
Isaiah 60:1 – “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.”
Fall Bible Study
- Every other Thursday, August 29th through November 7th @ 6 PM
- Join us as we study the book Uninvited. This study will take us on a beautiful journey to understanding who we are in Christ and who we are in our relationships with others. This book is about a new perspective on our identity and shifting our thinking to a more God ordained perspective.
NEI Women’s Retreat
- September 27th-28th, Sign-up ASAP!
- This is our district women’s conference. It is an overnight trip to a conference center in Ft. Wayne Indiana. The theme this year is Endless Hope and our special speaker is Liz Curtis Higgs. We are looking forward to a wonderful time in worship, community, and learning.
Girls Night Out- Fall
- September 13th, 6 PM
- October 18th, 6 PM
- Meet at the church, and either carpool, or drive your own car to our dinner destination. Then, head on with us to a shopping center to get our kid-free shopping and fellowship on!
Nashville Overnight Retreat
- November 8-9th, Abe Martin Lodge, Nashville
- This is an amazing overnighter our council has put together for YOU!
We will travel together to Nashville, experiencing amazing shopping and food on the way there, and have a sweet time with the Lord Friday evening, as our Lead Pastor’s wife, Ashley Dagostino shares with us a message the Lord has given her about Blooming On! Shopping… Food… Fellowship… Jesus… Nashville… What more could you ask for! Sign-up today!
- December 6th, 7 PM @ AFC
- This has become a treasured annual event here at AFC, and this year it has a give-back twist! Stay tuned for more info, but this will not be an evening you will want to miss, so mark your calendars NOW!