First Time Guests
Welcome to AFC!
We hope that you find everything you need to help you plan your first visit with us, and learn a little more about the ministry opportunities here… from ways to serve, to ways to get connected, to ways to get involved! You’re going to find out quickly that AFC is an inviting place to worship the Lord.
You don’t have to worry about your attire or anything like that. Come. As. You. Are. I know many churches say that, but we mean it. We are relaxed and believe that the Lord wants us to be in community with other believers whether we are in a suit, t-shirt, or shorts. It doesn’t matter. The Lord looks at our heart and we at AFC want to get to know your heart!
So, you may be nervous about simply coming into the building. Let us give you some insight. The best entrance to come in on Sunday mornings is found at the Meridian Street side of the building. You will notice lots of double glass doors and even some glass garage doors. Nearby are some spots with flags that say “guest” on them. Those are parking spots just for you! Do not be embarrassed to use those parking spots. When you come into the building you will be greeted, and those that greet you can help you with any questions you may have.
- Need to use the restroom… they can point you in the right direction…
- Need to check in your kiddos… they can take you straight to the Check-In area where our team of AFC Kids staff will greet you. You can pre-register here: Welcome to AFC Kids!
- Want to grab a frappucino or an iced coffee… they can point you to the Luna Coffee bar.
- Heard about our bookstore special of the week on our website… come on into the community center and someone will be happy to help you find your selection and get you checked out!
- You’re shy? That’s okay. Just look around and you’ll see signage everywhere!
If you are an adult and you want to attend Sunday school, they are located downstairs. There are two easy ways to access the lower level. One is by using the elevator that is at the north end of the foyer and the second is the stairways located at both end of the foyer. Don’t be scared when we say downstairs…it’s not like a creepy, old, scary basement but rather an open, bright area where most of our adult classes meet. The classes begin at 10:20am. The classes we offer are also on the website so check them out!
Not sure which service to attend? Let us help you understand more about each of them.
- The first service is our classic service, which begins at 9 am. This service has a full orchestra, choir, praise team, and has more of a mixture of songs leaning on the traditional side.
- Our second service, the Accoustic service, begins at 10 am and is in the Community Center. It is a very relaxed atmoshere and is really chill.
- Our third service, which is called “The Gathering” is comprised of a praise team and a very different atmosphere. It takes place in The Community Center, with an LED screen, moving lights, and a much more live, contemporary feel. Sometimes the garage doors might be up, and the feel is very relaxed and open.
There truly is something for everyone! The messages are Bible-based and with some application and presentation differences, the main idea is the same in both services.
We encourage you to navigate through the website and if you have any questions please feel free to email us or anyone on staff. Our emails are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We believe you will discover and encounter Christ here at AFC. We believe that the Lord has a place of relationship for you here and we hope to see you soon.
In Christ alone,
Dr. Joe and Ashley