We combine the life-changing stories of the Bible with fun-filled games and hands-on activities that make learning fun and memorable! Our four main goals are for children to experience God’s grace and extend it to others, grow in their faith, discover their gifts, and find friendship in groups where they can belong in the family of God!
If you are coming to AFC for the first time, you can pre-register your children ages birth – 5th grade here: Welcome to AFC Kids!
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-in opens 15 minutes prior to each service. Upon your arrival at AFC, come to our Kids Check-In Station (a greeter will gladly assist you). A staff member will print tags for both you and your children. Only the person with the identifying coded tag will be able to check-out your children in that same location.
Nursery Ministry (ages 0-3 years)
- Click here for more information on our Nursery Ministry
PreK & K Schedule (ages 4-5 years)
- After getting checked-in, your children will go to the PreK & K Worship Center for children’s worship, prayer, and fun age-appropriate teaching activities!
Elementary Schedule (grades 1-5)
Intergenerational Worship & Prayer + Age Appropriate Children’s Sermon
- After getting checked-in, elementary children will remain with their parents/guardians in the family worship service until you see the message on the screens that says, “It’s Time for Children’s Church!” At that time, children will be accompanied by members of our children’s leadership team to the AFC Kids Worship Center for an interactive children’s sermon and fun learning activities! We prioritize intergenerational worship and prayer time because we believe it is an important part of a child’s spiritual development. It also helps families bond and begin faith conversations at home. We also desire for every person to hear the Word of God taught at an age-appropriate level. We have taken these two goals of intergenerational worship and age-appropriate teaching and formulated an excellent elementary worship schedule!
For the health and safety of all of the children and our volunteers, please do not leave your child here during the services if he/she has had any of the following during the past 24 hours:
- Temperature of 100 degrees or higher (without Tylenol or Ibuprofen)
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Yellow or Green Nasal Drainage
- Unexplained Rash
- Persistent Cough
AFC is a Ministry Safe church. We have invested in an internationally recognized system to keep your children safe. It involves a 5-part Safey Plan: Awareness Training, Skillful Screening Process, Policies and Procedures, Background Checks, and Monitoring and Oversight. For more information about our safety system, visit ministrysafe.com
For more info contact
Rev. Cortney Coombs
Children’s Ministry Assistant
Nathan & Heather Dodrill
Wednesday Night Kids
Pre-K & Kindergarten Co-Director
Pre-K & Kindergarten Co-Director
KIDS BIBLE QUIZZING!
What is Children’s Bible Quizzing?
Children’s Bible Quizzing is a Bible study for children ages 6 through 12 (USA grades 1-6). It is important to help children know what the Bible says so they can demonstrate biblical teachings in real-life situations. Quizzing also teaches children about God.
There are six books in the Children’s Bible Quizzing study series that have been specifically chosen for children to gain an overarching understanding of the chronology and meaning of the Bible.
Each Bible study not only helps children understand this chronology, but the people in each lesson come to life as children learn about their humanity and God’s plan to make all things new. While God sometimes uses miracles to achieve His purposes, He often works in relationship with His beloved creation: people.
The Philosophy and Purpose of Quizzing
The philosophy of Children’s Quizzing is Bible study. It is important to help children know what the Bible says and help them demonstrate biblical teachings in actual life situations. The goal of Children’s Quizzing is for children to know the God of the Bible.
The purpose of Children’s Quizzing Bible study and competition is to help children:
- Desire to study the Bible.
- Get acquainted with basic Bible study.
- Grow in understanding of the overall chronology of the Bible.
- Learn that God is the central character and Hero of the Bible.
- Gain increased understanding of God as He is revealed in each study.
- Understand how people in the Bible interacted with God, and know how people today may do so also.
- Enjoy quizzing competition.
- Grow in the ability to reflect Christian attitudes and behaviors during competition.
In Children’s Bible Quizzing, each child challenges himself or herself to reach award levels. In this approach, children quiz against a base of knowledge, not each other. The multiple-choice method of competition allows every child to answer every question. This approach makes it possible for every child to score a perfect score.
Is Competition Required?
No. Competition is an optional part of the Children’s Bible Quizzing ministry. Each church and each child decide if they want to participate in a series of competition events.
All competitions are to be held in accordance with the “Children’s Quizzing Official Competition Rules and Procedures.”
In Children’s Bible Quizzing, children do not compete against each other to determine one winner. Churches do not compete against each other to determine the top church.
Do All Children of All Ages Participate Together?
At the beginning of the quiz season, children in grades 1 through 6* (USA) may participate in Children’s Quizzing competitions. The quiz season generally follows the school year.
There are two levels of Children’s Bible Quizzing.
RED Level is designed for first through third grade comprehension-level or for children 6 to 8 years old.
BLUE Level is designed for fourth through sixth grade comprehension-level or for children 9 to 12 years old.