Upper Room Prayer Ministry
"We will give our attention to prayer" Acts 6:4a
The Upper Room Prayer Ministry believes that prayer is not just A strategy, but that it is THE strategy for everything at AFC! The Upper Room Prayer Ministry is dedicated to intercession for our pastoral staff and congregation.
There are several ways to be involved in the Upper Room Prayer Ministry:
For more info contact
Prayer Ministry Coordinator
Scripture prayers for our pastors and staff
Our staff is very small right now, and their load is very heavy. As The Community Center continues to take shape, the attacks of the enemy will increase. So please be praying fervently for our AFC staff. These Scripture Prayers are from 20 Scripture-Based Prayers for Your Pastoral Staff by Dr. Terry Teykl.
- I thank You, Father, that Your eyes are on my shepherds and Your ears are attentive to my pastors’ prayers and Your face is against those who plot evil against my pastors (1 Pet. 3:12). For I know that in all things You work for the good of AFC pastors who love You (Ro. 8:28 ). Who can accuse these pastors who are daily interceded for by Christ Jesus? (Ro. 8:33-34). Therefore, in all things my pastors are more thanconquerors (Ro. 8:37). Thank You, God.
- Lord, I pray for discernment in exposing any schemes of the enemy against my pastors. Show our congregation how to pray against all powers of this dark world and the spiritual forces of darkness in heavenly realms. And, Lord, protect us as we wage warfare on behalf of our pastors (Eph. 6:11-12).
- Father, I thank You that no weapons formed against my pastors will prosper. Every tongue raised against my shepherds will be cast down. Rumors and gossip will be turned aside. For AFC pastors will be still before the Lord and wait on You. My pastors will dwell in the shadow of the Most High God and will be delivered from terror, darts of doubt, and diseases (Ps. 91:5-6). Set Your angels about my pastors (Ps. 91:11) and no power of the enemy shall harm AFC pastors (Lk. 10:19). Thank God forevermore!
- Lord, let AFC pastors have a discerning mind to prioritize the precious minutes in the day. Let my pastors discern what is most important and be guarded against the tyranny of the urgent (2 Cor. 11:14, 1 Jn. 4:1).
- Father, allow my pastors to glory only in the cross (Gal. 6:14). Keep my pastors from pride and pity. Let the cross be their reason for ministry.
- Jesus keep my pastors holy in every way (1 Pet. 1:16). Protect my shepherds from seducing spirits especially when they are tired and hard-pressed. Give AFC pastors comrades to help protect them, and to share with in personal holiness (Jas. 4:7). As my pastors draw near to You, draw near to my pastors (Jas. 4:8 ).
- I pray that the eyes of my pastors may be enlightened to know the hope to which we are called and know the riches of our glorious inheritance in the saints. Let my pastors know the incomparable great power which is in us who believe (Eph. 1:18-19). Let AFC pastors see the full revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:12). Place in them a desire to know Christ and the power of His resurrection (Phil. 3:10).
- Lord, I lift up the hands of my pastors and their families. Place them in the shelter of the Most High to rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, You are their refuge and fortress. You will preserve their family time. You will cover their home. Your faithfulness will meet their financial needs in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19). You will command Your angels to guard them as they travel and win the lost. You have said, “I will be with [them] in trouble, I will deliver [them] and honor [them]. With a long life, I will satisfy [them] and show [them] my salvation” (Ps. 91:15-16). In Jesus´ name I cancel all assignments of the enemy against them.
- In Jesus´ name I speak to church hurts, abuse, and ungrateful forces to move. I speak to mountains of criticism and inordinate expectations to be cast into the sea. I speak to stress, excessive phone counseling, and fatigue to be cast into the sea, and I believe every need, vision, and dream of AFC pastors will be completed (Mk. 11:22-24, Phil. 4:19).
- Forgive those who hurt AFC pastors and speak against them, and may my pastors walk in forgiveness (Eph. 4:32-5:1). Guard my pastors from futile thinking (Eph. 4:17) and a vain imagination. Let every thought be taken captive to obey Christ (2 Cor. 10:3-5).
- In Jesus´ name I bind the fear of failure and the fear of humankind (Jn. 14:1). Let AFC pastors confidence not be eroded by the daily resistance to the gospel or their own vision. Allow my pastors to fear God more than people.
- Father, heal my shepherds’ hearts of any grief caused by ministry. Bestow on my pastors a crown of beauty instead of ashes and anoint them with the oil of gladness instead of mourning. Clothe my shepherds with a garment of praise instead of a spirit of depression. I call my pastors oaks of righteousness, plantings of the Lord to display Your splendor (Is. 61:3).
- Keep my pastors in the midst of good and exciting worship. Keep my pastors from the traditions of men and religion which hold the form of godliness, but deny its power (2 Tim. 3:5). Give AFC pastors a vision of heaven (Isaiah 6, Revelation 4).
- With my shield of faith I cover my shepherds’ minds to quench all flaming darts of doubt or vain imagination or mental distractions (Eph. 6:16, Col. 2:6-8 ). Let the mind of Christ be strong in my pastors (1 Cor. 2:16).
- Lord, I stand against the enemies of my pastors’ prayer life: “busyness” (Acts 6:2-4), compulsions, compromise (Acts 5), unnecessary phone calls, chronic counselees, fatigue, sleepiness (Mt. 26:41), appetites, television, late meetings, over-commitments, and doubt. Let nothing hinder AFC pastors’ time with You. Let my pastors rise up to seek You (Mk. 1:35), pray with other pastors (Acts 1:14), and pray without ceasing (1 Thess. 5:17). Give my pastors the time, the desire, and the place to pray (Acts 16:16). I rebuke in the name of Jesus any distractions from my pastors’ devotional life.
- Bless my pastors with rich study time (Acts 6:4, 2 Tim. 2:15).
- As AFC pastors preach, let them proclaim Jesus Christ (Col. 1:28 ). Let my pastors’ preaching be in the energy of the Holy Spirit.
- Lord, by Your Holy Spirit, anoint AFC pastors to preach, and bring apostolic results (Acts 2:37). As my pastors speak the Word, let signs and wonders follow confirming it (Mk. 16:20). Let the sick be healed; let the oppressed be set free. Anoint AFC pastors with the truth (Mt. 16:17). Let people be cut to the heart and accept Jesus Christ.
- Lord, as You have promised, grant my beloved shepherds lasting fruit (Mal. 3:11, Jn. 15:16). Let my pastors’ converts become disciples who in turn disciple. Bless my pastors with disciples who grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, keep my pastors in the fear of God. Let my pastors not fear people (Prov. 19:23). Give AFC pastors boldness to confront sin and church controllers. Honor my pastors’ stand for You. Come to the rescue of my pastors.
Dr. Joseph Dagostino III, Lead Pastor
Rev. Elias Cabello, Spanish Ministries Pastor
Rev. Gary Klinger, Administrative Pastor
Rev. Cortney Coombs, Children’s Pastor
Pastor Joey Claus, Youth Pastor
Abby Schnepp, Worship Leader
Keri Kardatzke, Administrative Assistant
Director of the Community Center–Pray for the Lord to send just the right person to be the Director of the Community Center